Thursday 18 February 2010

"I'd rather be a really good one-term president than a mediocre two-term president,"

President Obama sometimes gives very inspiring speeches and quotes.

In one of his interview with ABC's "World News". He made this comment "I'd rather be a really good one-term president than a mediocre two-term president,". In the midst of criticism to his massive health care reform bill and election setbacks, he remained determined to tackle health care and other big problems despite the political dangers to his presidency.

He continues "You know, there is a tendency in Washington to believe our job description, of elected officials, is to get re-elected. That's not our job description," Obama said. "Our job description is to solve problems and to help people."
"I will not slow down in terms of going after the big problems that this country faces," he said. "The easiest thing for me to do, Diane, would be to go small bore, avoid controversy, just make sure that everybody's comfortable and we only propose things that don't threaten any special interests in Washington. If you do that, then you can get a boost in the poll numbers."
Seated across from Sawyer in the White House, the president added, "I don't want to look back on my time here and say to myself all I was interested in was nurturing my own popularity."




I am very impress and inspired by his steadfast faith and single mindedness pursuit in what he believes in. Many of us settle for mediocrity and focus on the wrong things in life without really going beyond the superficial and beyond THE comfort zone. I want to learn to have that kind of conviction in what i believe in and not waver in whatever circumstances. Just like what the bible says
Do not turn aside from any of the commands I give you today, to the right or to the left, following other gods and serving them. Deuteronomy 28:14

No comments:

Post a Comment