Wednesday 24 April 2013

The Holy Spirit Wins

Last Thursday, I had a real dilemma whether to go for night soccer organised by Sebby just before he leaves for Australia or attend Ps John Jacks’ Seminar.

The flesh in me goes this way,

1) the seminar is 2 hours for 2 nights each. So it maybe too tedious after a long day at work

2) Since its a 2 nights event, I can still attend Friday’s slot

3) I will be alone in the seminar

4) the area of Prophecy is something i may not understand and may not be too interested in

5) Sebby, my best friend is leaving soon and it maybe years later until I can see him and play soccer with him again

6) Its night soccer at the cage and i can hardly resist night soccer at the cage!

I was struggling real hard within me to decide which one to attend and in the end I decided to attend the seminar. The holy Spirit wins.

So after work I went down, had a simple dinner and sat in the axis about 20mins before the start. That is when I felt a sense of peace and rather glad that I have obeyed the holy spirit.

Than when the worship began, any lingering doubts of whether i have made the wrong choice just smashed to bits. I felt ministered and refreshed as i sang with all my heart to the Lord. Although on that night and Friday I did not get prophesied over, i already felt blessed by attending the session.

So why this testimony? I believe God wants to remind me again that

1) Corporate worship/meetings are important because it is a biblical mandate. (And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. Heb 10:24-25 )
And because we can receive encouragement that we may not able to receive individually.

2) Be early so that I can prepare my heart to enter into God’s presence-It makes a HUGE difference.

Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalms 84:10

No comments:

Post a Comment