Tuesday 21 August 2012

Long Weekend

Last week, I enjoyed a much welcomed “long weekend” courtesy of Hari Raya.


On Saturday afternoon, we took the opportunity to visit J&S at their Hougang home and they hosted us by bringing us for cycling at Punggol Park nearby. It was a fun session even though I covered extra miles to look for Yilong, even riding in the rain. Punggol Park is a nice scenic place which I don’t mind visiting again. (And having dinner there)
For dinner J&S brought us to Kangkar Mall to have Tze Char. We had their speciality Thai style fish head curry, salted egg yolk fried prawns, sambal kangkong, black pepper deer meat and a mix toufu. Maybe I am hungry after the cycling but the food taste really delicious then. After dinner, we bought some durian back to eat, they turned out to be rather good quality!

Back home, I straightaway wash up and plomp myself in front of my new TV to catch the BPL season opener, it was a disastrous game for both Liverpool (lost 0-3 against WBA) as well as Norwich (0-5 against Fulham). Wifey was helping Matt and Mick with their birthday surprise for Deb. Really appreciate that. Wifey and the kids decorated the living room with drawing, balloons and banners and I joined them after they have finished everything, in time to join in the surprise for Deb, it was some good fun indeed, even though everyone was a wee bit tired already and wifey hand hurting from tying the balloons.

Sunday’s dinner was at Han’s as Deb wants someplace simple (after what happened in the afternoon) to make a simple dinner a bit more special, we got a nice cake for her... at least she is smiling already.


Monday was a rather lazy day for me, after lunch at the market, we watched some holiday movie on TV (Me, You and Ours followed by Beyond Loch Ness) I fell asleep on the sofa while darling was doodling on our Taiwan journal. When I woke up, she showed me a super cute Big Head Soldier and Mc Rabbit picture which she drew... awesome!

Dinner was at wifey’s parents home, after which I drove over to Vivo City to get some dehumidifier from Daiso, Wifey got her hair curlers at SaSa and then some lemon and aluminium trays at giant for her upcoming cheesecake making. Oh wifey saw a packet of Sng Bao so we also got that childhood food.

We ended the night with a meal at McDonalds at Harbourfront to satisfy my craving. I ordered a McNuggets EVM to share and a cheeseburger for myself. We enjoyed the food as we sat on the big comfortable chair and chatted. Thank God for the time spend with my love ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment