Thursday 22 October 2015

My Mentors


Last evening, I met up with Danny at Ootoya at Clementi Mall.

It has been quite some time since we catch up and quite a fair bit of changes has happened since then.

We updated each other on each other’s life, plans, concerns etc.. it was, I feel, a rather relaxing and refreshing time although things have not been going swimmingly well for us.

With the upcoming changes happening in terms of ministry, I am not sure how many more times will we meet.

Thus, I am all the more appreciative of and treasure the time talking to him.

 

Danny is my third “mentor/shepherd” in Hope. After August and Des. All of them are great man and have their own unique strength and personality which I can learn a lot from.

For August, it will be his wicked wit and humour and strength in the Word. Very authentic and simple man with really deep content within him.  

As for Desmond. He is another very witty guy. Non conformist but caring and humble.

For Danny. I suppose he is the one whom I spent most time in the trench with, in terms of DMM, planning, executing the various programmes for the group. He has walked with me during my very difficult times in his own simple ways (like buying dinner over to my place to eat and chat together etc) and for that, I am truly grateful.

I can see that despite his many internal challenges and struggles, he ultimately wants to grow together, serve alongside each other, be authentic, honest and honour God with whatever decisions and actions that he took.

And because of that, Danny has my complete trust (as in, I am comfortable to tell him my struggles, fears and challenges without fearing I will be judged).

I thank God for Danny and all the different mentors that God has placed in my life. They are mighty important in my walk with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment