Friday 27 December 2013

Clearing our Annual Leaves

Wifey and I have been clearing our annual leaves this month on the Mondays.
They were much welcome breaks as we spent time with each other to just relax.

On the 16th December, we visited Tim Ho Wan at Plaza Sing. This famous tim sum restaurant has received much publicity for being Michelin star rated so we wanted to try it at least once.

Before leaving for THW, we saw the kids playing at the badminton court. And they were racing! So of course this kooks wanted to show who is the fastest man around. I challenged my nephew to a race and in the final sprint, my legs went soft, off balance and I fell on my fours…. Scrapped my toe and blood was oozing out… oh man what an embarrassment.

Went up, wash my wound and put on a band aid and then finally set off for PS, fully regretting the race earlier on.

We arrived at PS a bit later than expected because of what happened and a rather long queue has already formed at the entrance of THW. Wifey queued while I visited the toilet and when I came out, it was nearly our turn. We chatted with the lady and her daughter in front of us and they would later sit next to us to as we enjoy our food. We ordered their 4 heavenly kings which included Char Siew Bao, pig liver chu chang fen, malay cake and carrot cake. We also ordered pork ribs and steam chicken in fish maw.











The food was quite nice although the space was a bit small. Not a place to hang around for too long. After our brunch, we walked around PS and see if there is any interesting movie to catch. We also had a cuppa at Starbucks because wifey was having a bit of migraine so we took the chance to rest a bit longer at SB. I bought a box of English Breakfast tea from here as well as one of the present.





When she is slightly better, we went to get the office Secret Santa present from Faceshop and we went over to Vivo City. Wifey wanted to get her flip flops but in the end did not manage to get it. We went for dinner at Seah Inn. Wifey had fish slice soup and we had 2 plates of the delicious roast pork rice with a plate of vegetables.
After dinner, we used a pair of my free movie vouchers to watch Captain Philips



It was a very engaging movie which kept us at the edge of the seat throughout. I love the last 10 minutes of the show when Tom Hanks was being rescued and the traumatised Captain Philips let his bottled up emotions all out.. it was a poignant scene, very touching and fully deserving of the Oscars


On 23rd December, we went for breakfast at Funan Centre’s McDonald’s. After breakfast, I walked over for my complimentary facial at Touche at Bugis. Had a good session of treatment and felt very relaxed after that although my eyes were feeling tired and my face a bit painful. After my treatment I walked over to meet wifey at City Hall and then we had a late lunch at zhen zhen. We shared a plate of yee mee and potato leaves. We then walked over to shop at Bugis Street and before leaving for mother in law’s place for dinner, bought some bed sheets from OG.

This is how we spent 2 days of our annual leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment