Monday 5 January 2015

Project Sparkle 2015

Yesterday, I went for my first volunteering for Project Sparkle. This is an initiative by our church to mobilise members to help clean up the premises of the elderly and needy families around our church community.

Even though this project has been started a few years back, I never got involved before. So yesterday I decided to join Danny and the rest of the people in the sub d at the last minute having not registered myself beforehand.

I reached Textile Centre at about 930am and had my breakfast of nasi lemak. Kok Yong was drinking his coffee there too and we chatted and caught up with each other. Aun Leng and Cindy joined us after awhile. At about 10am, we went up and link up with the rest of the group for a briefing.


After the briefing and collecting our cleaning tools, we walked over to our beneficiary's unit near Jalan Besar. 


The unit where we were assigned to clean was empty so after some rearrangement, we proceed to clean up his neighbour's home ;o)


 
 
 
Do I look like Optimus Prime when I don my face mask?

We completed the cleaning at about lunchtime and brought uncle down for a nice meal


It was a meaningful way to spend the weekend.

Like what Ps. Jeff told us before we set off for our cleaning, many times when we serve, the ultimate beneficiary is always ourselves because when we serve, we see for ourselves how blessed we are to be able to be a channel and vessel of blessings. How true....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment