Thursday 3 October 2013

A Sweet Victory

Recently, I took part in a (parent-child lookalike) contest organised by my company .
this pic with dad in Genting was the one i chose

The final result will depend on how the rest of the office staff voted and also partly on how the panel of judges voted.
However, there was a loophole in the staff voting system in that it is not one vote per staff.
Hence, it is possible to have a person casting multiple votes for  themselves
Though I was a wee bit disappointed that it is not the fairest of system to decide the competition I just cast a vote for myself and left it as that without thinking too much into it. 
I want to believe that ultimately it is important to adhere to the spirit of fair competition even if others around me may not be doing that. And I hope deep within my heart that somehow, righteousness will prevail.
Today, I got a call from the organiser asking me to go to the meeting room and lo and behold I saw this…



That’s right, I have won the 2nd prize and I was told I just missed out on the 1st by the slimmest of margin about 1%..  I know I got a low public vote count but I believed the panel of judges gave me their endorsement ;o) hence I was able to get 2nd position.
 At the end of the day, It was a sweet victory for me because I know I have won it fairly and that is the most important.
Better a little with righteousness than much gain with injustice. Proverbs 16:8

No comments:

Post a Comment